Currently Playing #2

Tuesday, August 12, 2014


So we've had a few rainstorms here in the UK over the summer, which in my area meant flooding and amazing thunderstorms. So whilst I edit my Brighton Pride post, I thought I would compile a list of music that I am finding enjoyable along with a good thunderstorm.

1. Jungle (Extended Remix) - X Ambassadors, Jamie N Commons ft. Jay Z

First heard this on BBC Radio 1 and I've loved it ever since, I believe it was a song for the world cup or at least that's what I heard. I'm not so much a fan of the Jay Z parts but the chorus is what has me loving this song.

2. House of the Rising Sun - Lauren O'Connell Cover

This version of the song was played in American Horror Story Coven, and if you haven't watched the show yet I highly recommend you do. I love how creepy this version is, I also have to say that I also love the version that was played in Sons of Anarchy (I haven't watched the show). But this version took the spot.

3. Better Dig Two - The Band Perry 

Yeah I was on a little country kick again. So compared to my other two picks this feels kind of random but I really love everything about this song.

4. Breath of Life - Florence & The Machine

I can describe this song with one word. Epic. 

5. Mad World - Jasmine Thompson Cover

I love the original of this song but this cover is great, I feel like it's kind of eerie but in a totally good way.


Post a Comment

Back To Top